ICT Protege Two Door Expander with RS485
The Protege DIN Rail Mini 2 Reader Expander with RS-485 Reader Ports provides the interface of up to 4 reader inputs and 2 locking device outputs to the Protege integrated access control, security and building automation system, an advanced technology security product providing seamless and powerful integration.
- 2 reader ports configurable for either Wiegand or RS-485 reader operation
- Connect 2 readers using the independent reader inputs or use the 2 reader operation to connect 4 readers providing dual entry and exit door connection
- Provision to control up to 3 outputs per reader input with predefined configurations for instant connection (red LED, green LED and buzzer control)
- Support for intelligent reader tamper operation the system will monitor the reader for reader keep-alive transmissions using the programmed protocol
- Offline functions including All Users and First 10 Users plus 150 Card Cache
- Data received LED indicates a valid decode of the format on the Reader
- Fused and monitored reader power supply
- Over 40 formats predefined for simple configuration, with additional formats added using the format builder or implemented directly using the firmware update function
- Designed for use with industry standard DIN Rail mounting
- Card Reader Connection: The Reader Expander provides 2 reader ports, each of which can be independently configured for either Wiegand or RS-485 reader operation. Choose RS-485 readers for fast, flexible, secure communication, or Wiegand for compatibility with all standard access control systems. RS-485 readers provide the added benefits of being easier and more cost effective to wire and deploy, and allow for direct integration with Protege systems enabling you to make changes on the fly once readers are installed. RS-485 also allows for longer cable runs and offers a simpler firmware update process.
- Power Supply: The Reader Expander operates from a 12VDC input. Ultra low current requirements ensure cost effective power distribution.
- Arming/Disarming: The Reader Expander allows a user to arm and disarm an area from a reader input when associated with a door:
- Deny access to a user based on the status of the area reducing false alarms.
- Dual presentation of the card can arm an area associated with the entry or exit direction of the door being accessed.
- Fail to arm programmable outputs can be programmed to provide feedback in the event areas fail to arm when using card reading functions.
- Prevent access to a keypad using a card and PIN function, or allow card presentation to automatically login the user at the associated keypad.
- Connectivity and System Expansion: Expanding the Protege system with local input and output from the Reader Expander allows convenient cost effective expansion and added benefit of dual functionality on door monitoring zones:
8 inputs can be used to perform any system alarm and automation functions. All 8 inputs are assigned functions that are processed by the Reader Expander for door control. Each function can be enabled individually.
- Address configuration of the Reader Expander interface is achieved using the address programming feature of the Protege System Controller.
- Unused reader control outputs can be used within the system as normal outputs to control relays, lighting and automation.
- Communication: Single RS-485 communication interface port used for all network communication functions and interconnection to other modules.
- Upgradable Firmware: Utilizing the latest flash technology and high performance communication mediums, the firmware can be updated using the ICT Loadit utility over the Protege system module network.
- Product Code: PRT-RDM2-DIN
- DC Input Voltage: 11-14VDC
- DC Output Voltage: 10.83-14.0VDC 0.7A (typical) electronic shutdown at 1.1A
- (DC IN Pass Through): Reader 1&2 10.45-13.85VDC pass through share 0.7A (typical) electronic shutdown at 1.1A
- Operating Current: 80mA (typical)
- Total Combined Current* 1.56A (max)
- Low Voltage Cutout: 8.7VDC
- Low Voltage Restore: 10.5VDC
- RS-485 Module network
- Offline Access Modes: All Users, First 10 Users plus 150 Card Cache, No Users
- Standard Mode: 2 Wiegand readers providing one entry/exit only doors
- Multiplex Mode: 4 Wiegand readers (connected in multiplex mode) providing any combination of entry or exit for two doors
- RS-485 Standard Mode: Up to 4 RS-485 capable readers (2 per port) providing either entry/exit on 2 doors a combination of entry or exit on 4 doors
- Lock Outputs: 2 Form C relay outputs, 7A 250V max
- PGM Outputs: 6 (50mA max) open collector
- Zone Inputs: 8 high security monitored inputs (10ms to 1hr input speed programmable)
- Trouble Inputs: 16
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 156.8 x 90 x 60mm (6.17 x 3.54 x 2.36″)
- Weight: 426g (15.3oz)
- Temperature Operating: 0°-50°C (32° – 122°F)
- Storage: -10°- 85°C (14° – 185°F)
- Humidity: 0%-93% non condensing, indoor use only (relative humidity)
- * The Total Combined Current refers to the current that will be drawn from the external power supply to supply the Reader Expander and any devices connected to the Expander’s outputs. The Auxiliary outputs are directly connected via electronic fuses to the N+ N- input terminals, and the maximum current is governed by the trip level of these fuses.
- ** Each reader port supports either Wiegand or RS485 operation but not both at the same time. If combining Wiegand and RS-485 technologies, they must be connected on separate ports.