EasyIP 3.0 technology is perfect for small or medium business CCTV camera systems.
EasyIP 1.0 was lauched in 2012 by Hikvision to wide acclaim. Version 2.0 was released in 2014. Here’s a brief explanation of the differences in the technology:
- EasyIP 1.0: Launched in 2012, using a H.264 codec with video surveillance resolution of 3MP, 2MP, or 1.3MP.
- EasyIP 2.0: Launched in 2014, using a H.264+ codec, for 4MP or 2MP cameras, up to 120 dB WDR and a free cloud service.
- EasyIP 3.0: Launched in 2017/2018, using a H265+ codec, for up to 4K resolution, with DarkFighter, Super PoE and more VCA functions.
What is the H.265+ codec?
The H.265+ codec is an advanced compression technology allowing you to increase the performance of your CCTV dramatically, with reduced bandwidth and increased storage. Generally, the H.265+ codec can reduce CCTV file sizes by up to 83%. The improved system performance allows you to also add more cameras to the network – up to 20 or more, whereas EasyIP 1.0 and 2.0 could handle a maximum of 5 and 10 cameras respectively.
Hikvision EasyIP 3.0 4K resolution
Resolutions of 4k for CCTV cameras were previously thought to be beyond the limits of current technology, mainly because of the huge bandwidth and storage requirements needed. With the advent of H.265+ technology, this level of resolution is now possible.
EasyIP 3.0 also enhances Hikvision’s DarkFighter night-time technology, by allowing better colour imaging at night, and the capture of vivid colour scenes in low or weak light. Even faces can now be clearly identified.
Video Content Analytics (or VCAs) are a series of smart features built-in to EasyIP 3.0. Previously, these tools could only be deployed in large, enterprise scale systems, given their high cost. But EasyIP 3.0 now brings these features within reach of the small or medium-sized business budgets.
Some VCA features include:
- Line crossing detection
- Intrusion detection
- Face detection
- Unattended baggage detection
- Object removal detection
- Searchable alarm events and detections
Power Over Ethernet (PoE) allows you to power your CCTV camera system over the network. The traditional distance limit for this power technology is 100 metres. EasyIP 3.0 now allows you to power your system over your network at distances of up to 300 metres, via ‘Super’ PoE technology.
The Hikvision EasyIP 3.0 system also features as standard:
- 120 dB WDR (Wide Dynamic Range)
- EXIR 2.0
- On-board storage
- IP67, IP66, and IK10 protection
- ANR (Automatic Network Replenishment)
- Dual system backup (NVR)
- IP address automatic allocation
- Free Hik-connect cloud service