As IoT (Internet of Things) devices such as IP surveillance cameras continue to come online in large numbers, they have become major targets to hacking and data leaks.
IP CCTV cameras are particularly vulnerable to hacking because:
- 24/7/365 non-stop connection to the internet
- CCTV systems typically contain processors with high computing power, and are thus vulnerable to CPU hi-jack attacks
- System management staff lack cyber security knowledge
- Difficulty in detecting planted malware
- Users don’t frequently change their passwords, and/or use weak passwords
To counter these cyber threats, VIVOTEK offer a Lifetime Cyber security Management Solution, which includes:
- A front- to back-end system with cyber security management solution
- Cyber security protection with Trend Micro IoT Security
Here’s the detail
VIVOTEK cybersecurity assurance efforts are built into the lifecycle of its products, including development, verification, manufacturing, delivery and service. VIVOTEK are constantly evaluating and enhancing their cyber security efforts in order to provide customers with the highest quality and most reliable products. Although VIVOTEK cannot protect standardised network protocols and services from cyber attacks, they are committed to helping minimise and stopping such events from occurring on VIVOTEK products.
In collaboration with industry-leading cyber security software partners, VIVOTEK focuses on making network security products and software that meet industry protocols as well as constantly developing shields to increase your protection from various cyber attacks. By choosing VIVOTEK solutions, users can experience not only high-quality products, but also safer network environments.
- Cyber security Management Solution: VIVOTEK is the world’s first network surveillance solution manufacturer to cooperate with the world-renowned cyber security company, Trend Micro. Through network cameras armed with Trend Micro’s anti-intrusion software, VIVOTEK brings high security and robust network surveillance to secure lives and protect data.
- Alliance with Trend Micro Cyber security: VIVOTEK is the world’s first network surveillance solution manufacturer to cooperate with the world-renowned cyber security company, Trend Micro. Through network cameras armed with Trend Micro’s anti-intrusion software, VIVOTEK brings high security and robust network surveillance to secure lives and protect data.
- Multi-Layer Protection with Trend Micro IoT Security: Multi-Layer Protection including Brute Force Attack Detection, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, and Instant Damage Control will automatically secure your network system with the latest signature upgrades.
- Cyber security Alarm Management with Instant Alerts: Once event notifications in network cameras and VAST 2 VMS have been set up, VIVOTEK’s surveillance solution will be immediately alerted when cyber attacks occur.
- Cyber security Event Report with Interactive Dashboard: Quickly know attack trend and status, and acquire attack information in order to diagnose your network promptly on VIVOTEK’s VAST 2 VMS and NVRs.
- Brute Force Attack Events: When the system detects brute-force attacks, it will automatically activate a defense mechanism to block that IP address and prevent further attacks.
- Cyber attack Events: When the system detects any kind of cyber security attack besides Brute Force Attacks, it will automatically activate a defense mechanism to block that IP address and prevent further attacks.
- Quarantine Events: If a suspicious device tries to access the network, or if a suspicious device tries to access IP cameras, and accesses network behavior hitting the Trend Micro signature rule, the system will quarantine the attack behavior to prevent further damage.
- Product Security: To safeguard the network, we encourage users to better understand the risks and apply the recommended solutions to reduce their vulnerabilities from cyber attacks.